What We Believe
- Labor and birth are normal physiological events and unfold best when treated as such. We encourage women to eat and drink and move freely during labor. We try to intervene as little as possible in the birthing process.
- Women have the right to make informed decisions regarding their care. Our visits are long enough to make sure all your questions are answered. We provide written and verbal information about all aspects of pregnancy and labor and delivery.
- Children should be welcome at prenatal visits. Our office is child friendly with books and toys. We try to involve toddlers and older children in routine care; they love to help listen to the baby's heartbeat!
- Birth is a social event. The people who comfort and support a woman should be welcome at her birth.
- That birth is a welcoming of a new life and should be as gentle as possible. We facilitate the baby staying with his/her parents as much as possible.
- Women have innate knowledge about the birthing process and should be encouraged to follow their instincts and listen to their bodies.
- Comprehensive prenatal care
- Labor support and births at Ochsner Baptist
- Individualized birthing plans
- Water labor and birth
- Gynecological, annual exams and family planning services
- Gentle first pelvic exams